4.3.10

TED Postcard from Tel Aviv 2


Becky Earley wrote: Today I gave my lecture to the whole college and talked about some of my projects from 1994 to today. I also introduced the TED strategies and the Design Stories. The talk went well, and I was pleased that it was not only the textile students who were inspired by it - the industrial design students, graphics, and fine art students also came along.

After lunch I gave a Top 100 workshop, with 12 of the textile students using lace to overprint polyester shirts from my collection. It is 7.10pm now, and they are still queuing up for the transfer presses to finish their creation before 8pm. Attached here is one by Ela - a work in progress. This shirt was given to her by her aunt and she brought it in to show me, but I made her work on it!